Sunday, October 22, 2006

Pain and anxiety

The last few days have been tough.  I am waiting for the US next week and the week is taking forever.   I am starting to feel aches and pain in my abdomen.  I do not know what these pains are, but I know that pain is not a good thing.  Everything I have read mentions pain in the first trimester as either gas (very likely) or ectopic (hopefully less likely). 

The pain is intermittent and runs down into my leg.  I know that there is pain associated with tendons stretching but that isn't supposed to be for another 6-8 weeks.  I don't want to  call the doctor and be a panicky crazy, but I am worried.  I know if there is anything wrong there isn't anything they can do anyway.  If it is ectopic, it is over, if there is nothing in there, it is over, if I miscarry, it is over. 

I am trying to at least be calm, but I am concerned.  I am hoping that since my HCG was so high, that I might be spared an ectopic or miscarriage, but there is no certainty. 

3 comments:

Nico said...

Are they sharp pains, or crampy pains? Crampy pains are totally normal, even this early. If they're sharp pains you should call the doctor, and don't worry about being panicky crazy. You'll feel better, and they're used to panicky crazy ladies!

Anonymous said...

This is the hardest part, so much harder than the wait for a beta. I know your mind is spinning with worry, and that nothing I can say will help. It is very, very likely that everything is fine. You are doing wonderfully, and I am thinking of you.

Hopeful Mother said...

I will be hoping and praying for you.

I agree with Nico - if your pains are sharp you should call the doctor.