Monday, July 30, 2007

19w1d

I am sorry, I tried posting a picture and a couple of posts recently but blogger was being crabby. 
 
I has been a couple of busy weeks for us and the nugget.  I finally told my siblings last week and my boss today.  I am only working on a contract basis and the potential hire date is sometime in Q4, which means I will be huge and likely taking time off directly after that.  I think they might 'put off' hiring me as a full time person until I return anyway.  That makes me sad but it is not too bad.  We can get health insurance through H's company, but still I had been hoping to have this finalized before making my announcement.
 
I am still, sort of, getting away with normal clothes.  I can't wear my normal, normal clothes but wrap dresses and low rise skirts/pants are still working as long as they have a little give in the fabric.  Even so, a bunch of my friends have 'donated' maternity clothes to me.  Most of the stuff is for the later months, probably at least September but they have been so generous.  I haven't decided what I am going to do yet, since I can't really wear the truly maternity stuff yet, but I am outgrowing all my own stuff.
 
I finally started gaining some weight again.  I gained 6 lbs right away after all the procedure and everything else, but then plateaued for 2 months or so.  This last couple of weeks though I have gone on a growth spurt, or an eating binge, whichever.  Either way I am 4 lbs more than I was at 16w, and it is pretty much all belly.  It is fun though a bit shocking to see the change every morning. 
 
I will try to post pics again soon.  I tried to send an u/s as an email to blogger, but that just caused blogger to ignore me for days.  I think it was mad.
 
So far H still doesn't want to know the gender.  I would really like to tell him so we can talk about it, and plan for it.  I would like to be able to be happy about it, but right now I feel a little contained about the whole thing.  Of course I still feel like this is the week something bad will happen but so far that has only been in my head.
 
Today was a little scary though with the doppler.  We have been good at finding the heartbeat, some days it takes a little longer but on the whole it has been relatively easy.  Also, since about 16w the hb has been pretty rock steady around 140 bpm.  Today it was all over the place, bouncing up to 155 and dropping to 135.  It made me pretty nervous, but H thinks that I am dehydrated because this week I have not been as good about drinking water every 5 minutes.  I hope that is the problem.  I don't want to be the panicky lady who calls the Dr at the drop of a hat, but it did worry me a but this morning.
 
Thank you for being kind and patient with me.  It really means an awful lot to me.
 

5 comments:

Nico said...

yippee!!! I'm glad you're feeling comfortable enough to start telling people. That's a big step.

I think if you're nervous you should call you doctor's office. They would always tell me when I'd call for what seemed to be stupid stuff that they would much rather see me than have me be worried at home.

Anonymous said...

YAY, glad things are going well! And hope you are enjoying your growing baby bump!

Anonymous said...

I stopped using my doppler when I could start feeling the baby move - which was just over 19 weeks but whenever I went to the doctor the baby's heartrate fluctuated a decent amount. They said it was normal, so don't worry but definitely call if it will give you peace of mind. They're totally used to questions like that all the time.

Laura said...

LONG time lurker, coming out to say NEVER worry about being the crazy lady who keeps calling the Dr. Who cares? It is your baby and only you have the power to know what is going on inside and if you have a question, that is what they are there for. Drink lots of water and baby yourself. Your body is growing a baby! Congrats on your pregnancy, we are praying for you!

J Fife said...

An update! So glad it's good news.

That clothing issue is such a bummer when you're in between sizes like that. I bet you're still looking cute though. Can't wait to see photos!

Hope the news breaking was smooth for you.