Thursday, July 20, 2006

Punctured

Well, I tried it. I went to an acupuncture clinic and had them stick me. I have no idea what it does or if it works. It was totally weird and confusing. I didn't feel relaxed at all, and I don't know how one would feel relaxed with a dozen pins sticking out all over the place.

Most of them didn't hurt much, just a little pinch when they went in, but a few of them were yucky. I didn't like the ones in my head at all, they felt odd the whole time. Once they were in, most of the pins were painless, but the head ones were always uncomfortable. Also, one in my hand hurt, a lot. She removed it immediately and tried to put it back but the pain was bad so it stayed out.

There was also one on my ankle that kinda hurt the whole time. Weird, it was in the same place on my leg as the one that hurt on my hand. I wonder if my 'meridian' is broken at the end.

They said I would have more energy and that part has been true. Yesterday I was a bit of a basket of energy, but most of it was sort of anxious, irritable energy and I don't think that was really the goal. They did give me a huge bag of weeds and told me to brew it into 12 cups of tea to drink over 6 days. I brought it home and my husband basically forbid me to drink it.

I agree, as we have NO IDEA of what is in the bags. I don't even recognize anything in the bags and we don't want to mess up with respect to all the other meds I need to take. So I am taking a pass on this aspect of 'treatment'. I hope it is the right decision.

3 comments:

J Fife said...

Needles! In your head! I've always wanted to try acupuncture. Not really sure why. Just so I could say that I did. I hope it brought you some relief.

About the bag of weeds. Too bad you threw them out. Financing for your next vacation might have been in that sack.

Rebecca said...

It can be tough to find a good acupuncturist. Have you asked your clinic if there are any acus that their patients work with regularly?

I've done acu several times. The first time, I definitely wasn't relaxed at all - I was wide awake and VERY aware of every single needle. But after a couple of appointments I got more used to it and even fell asleep a couple of times.

I've never taken the herbs, but from what I understand from others I know who have, usually the herbs are stopped before cycle meds begin.

GLouise said...

I am considering acu right now. How do the needles compare with ivf injections?