Sunday, June 11, 2006

Something less depressing

Right now I am trying to use the Blogger photo option, but the upload is super-slow. Hopefully I will get a flickr account soon and maybe that will be faster. I haven't really played around with any features of this blog, but I want to start. I also took a quick video that I want to try to post if I can figure it out.














Thanks for all the comments about our yard and lawn. H is very proud of that lawn and it has taken us a couple of years to get it to this point. When we moved in the backyard was a disaster. It was all uneven and had no grass on a huge chunk of it. H was determined to have a great big green carpet and he succeeded.



















We bought and loved that chiminea the first season we got it. We even had a huge bonfire in it once, there was lighter fluid involved and it looked like a rocket, very cool. After that though, we have hardly used it at all. I want to try to use it again this year. If the weather will cooperate, maybe we can start using it. Unfortunately it isn't really big enough to use the firewood for the fireplace so we have to get wood specifically sized to fit in the chiminea. Maybe that is what always deters us?















This last one is from a graveyard down in Boston. I just like the textures and 'feel' of it.



















Please let me know what you think. I love the video I shot today. Unfortunately I ran out of memory about 10 seconds in, but I guess that means you are not subjected to a long, rambling video when I get it posted.

3 comments:

Nico said...

Those flowers are amazing! Yay for sunshine :-)

J Fife said...

So, pretty... The shades of blue, green and purple all work so great together. Mother nature is an unbeatable artist.

Rebecca said...

The pictures of the flowers are beautiful! Your yard is very impressive. The only thing I manage to grow with ease are weeds... :)