Tuesday, May 20, 2008

5 Months

Sebastian

You turned 5 months old this weekend. We spent the day in the city with Daddy and had a wonderful time. You are getting so funny. You giggle all the time and always smile when you wake up for the day.

You are getting so dexterous with your hands. You can pick up a pacifier and place it in your mouth, though not always the correct direction.

I didn't realize how much I would love you. Some days I look at your chubby little face and feel so overwhelmed. All I want to do is tickle your belly and hear that belly laugh. Your smiles and giggles are the most amazing part of my day.

I am going back to work. I need to go to work, but it is killing me that I will have to leave you. I know it is better for me to work, but that doesn't mean I am not going to miss you terribly. We have found an incredible au pair for you though and I think you are going to love her. I just don't want you to love her more than you love me.

You are sleeping now, and have been sleepy all day. The last several days have been very overwhelming for you. We have seen lots of friends and stayed out well past your bedtime. Even though I know you need your sleep, all I want to do it pick you up and hold you. I just want to hug you and cuddle you.

Today was the real decision to go back to work. I won't be going back for a few more weeks, but still the actual decision has been put in place. If I don't go back now I will really hurt myself in ever getting another job.

I took the cutest video of you today. You were asking for your mobile and when it was turned on you were so excited. I will add the video when I download it. Your hands and feet started flailing about with the music. Your mobiles make you so happy. I didn't expect you to enjoy them, but you do.

You are a wonderful, sweet, beautiful baby and mommy loves you very much.

Love you forever,
Mommy

2 comments:

J Fife said...

Isn't it crazy how much you love your child? It's a level of love that is indescribable, painful almost.

Good luck with work. I'm glad you are doing what you need to do.

Nicole said...

Just lovely! I hope he gets to read this some day.